Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Love part 2.

When Jesus was asked what the most important commandment is, his response was simple and straight forward: You are to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.” And than he added, “And you must love your neighbor as yourself.” Whats on God’s heart is not a list of rules or commands, but the expansion of love.
What would happen if we began to realize that God was not, in fact, waiting on us to earn his love, but that he was passionately pursuing us with his love. You see true love is something you cant earn, love just doesn’t work that way.
I was once asked to try and some up love into one word. At the time I couldn’t, but not after a few life experiences, I think I can. Besides my opinion I believe scripture backs me up. Love=Sacrifice “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that who ever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.” God had to make a sacrifice. God couldn’t send anyone else, you see in matters of love one must go himself. When is comes time for me to be married, I wouldn’t send my best friend to ask my future spouse to marry me. I would myself.
Passion leads to action, that’s why Christ died for us. He doesn’t stand over us in anger because of everything we do wrong. People view God as someone who just condemns, but in fact, He does quite the opposite. Because of religion, people have run from God, when in fact, he has been the only one ready to stand in our defense. That’s the beauty of real love, its unconditional.

No comments: