Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Love Part 1

"Without Love there is no life. To love is to be fully human. If you think you can live your life without love, you're in worse shape than those who are desperate to find it. To give up on love is to choose a life that is less than human. To give up on love is to give up on life." So why do we fear love? "The more you love someone, the more capacity you have to come to hate him or her, After all, the only people who can hurt you deeply are the ones you allow to get deep inside your soul."

It's a sickness really. A sickness of the soul."When your soul is sick, on of the symptoms is blindness.

Bitterness, for instance, is like a cancer that makes you blind. I had allowed hurt to make my soul toxic. From my end, I was sure that I was just becoming a realist, that love was just a fairy tale. In fact, I was desensitizing myself. Why risk being hurt more. I didn't realize I was becoming blind to love. I couldn't see the people around me who really cared. Bitterness turned to skepticism, which turned to cynicism, which turned to an emptiness of my soul."

"Bitterness is the enemy of love, because it makes you unforgiving and unwilling to give love unconditionally. It is the enemy of hope because you keep living in the past and become incapable of seeing a better future. It is the enemy of faith because you stop trusting in anyone but yourself. I bring this up because I think many of us become blinded by a bitterness of the soul. If we are not careful, we will lose the ability to see such things as beauty, truth, or even affection." Most importantly, you just may close your eyes to what your soul needs the most.

Inspired by Erwin McManus.
Part 2 and 3 still to come

No comments: